Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Taxi Rides


Damn, I love the taxi rides. I go here and there, everywhere. I call up random friends ask them who is free to hangout and go to them taking a taxi. Similarly, today also here I am in a taxi on an Hour ride. Getting to talk to the cab driver. Practicing foreign language. Getting to learn about their life and listen to their story. 

At these times, I like to offer them my experience. For example, my cab driver told me he has a daughter, who is 16 years old and studies in school. 
I asked him does she study well? 
He replied, my daughter likes to play phone, a lot. Uses Facebook and likes to chat on Line App a lot. 
I told him. That is alright. Let her chat as much as she wants. But just tell her one thing. Try not to chat in her mother tongue(Thai). Try to chat in English Language. This will improve her language. Social Apps can also be a good place to improve speaking and writing for Thai kids who are poor in English Language. 
He laughed and said "good idea" 


Isn't it so lovely, to just get to know random people. Share conversation for fun. Joke a little, laugh a lot. 
From this year, I have tried to make at least one new friend a month. 
This has been great. It helps me to reach places normally I wouldn't have from the new made connection of friends and people. 

In this everyday life of mine, I love taxi for this reason. 
I think a lot with less concentration to drive. Plus, I also fear getting killed or much worse killing other people from my bad driving. That's why, Taxis are my savior. I enjoy the ride. It takes me to my far or near destination. I get to think about all the things that comes to my thinking mind. I get to write about stuffs that are on my mind. And it works better, while I am being driven. 

I am not a rich person with cars and driver at disposal. So, as the best substitute, Taxis do the trick for me. 
Thank you to all the taxi and the taxi drivers who have drove me anywhere. 
Thank you for your companionship and your wonderful conversation and sharing a part of your life and asking about a part of my life. It brings joy to get to talk to people in this world of strangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment