Saturday, December 27, 2014

Morning after Christmas

'Twas the morning after Christmas. I was on my way to work, on a taxi. The sun was rising on my left. And so was traffic, all around me.
I find this morning to be, just the same as any other previous ones.
I wonder,
Where did Christmas magic disappear. Or, when will it re-appear, besides every Christmas year.
John Mayer plays on my headphones. Ain't he a happy lad. His music's magic emerges, every time I hit play. Now that's a real magic.
And a sudden jolt of the Taxi's brake, shakes me out of the magic realm. I look out the taxi window. Slowly, we have made it through half the destination. This Bangkok cab, reads one-sixty-one on meter tab.
It's been an hour ride since we began. And I'm already tired before, actually working. So, I raise my colored power glass, and rest it on my forehead.
I feel warmth on my face, from the sun rays. I feel more cozy and settle on my seat even more.
I think I will try to take a nap...zzz.... I take a deep yawn... and...and.....zzzzzzzz... (music plays)


With a fresh nap, The time now is 8:13 A.M., the date; would it suffice to say the year is 2014?

(More sighs)... and I cannot take this tiring feeling no more.
In this Bangkok city. Buildings are big, more are being built. Roads are better and bigger. But so is the number of cars sold every year. And now this road is not enough for us all.
Too bad the roads don't expand, like our needs do.

No comments:

Post a Comment